Sunday, August 28, 2011

Resources...

The decision to eat clean can be a little daunting if you are uncertain of what it really entails.  I thought I would elaborate on the topic by providing information on a few sources I found to be helpful.  Not all are specifically about eating clean, but you can take things from all and apply them to a clean diet program.

Tosca Reno has written many good books on the topic of eating clean.  The one I happened to have purchased is "The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped".  This books speaks to a number of subjects, offers recipe idea, exercise information, etc.

"Clean Food - A Seasonal Guide to Eating Close to the Source" by Terry Walters offers a number of great recipes with a focus on fruits and veggies that are in season.  Many of the recipes have few ingredients and are a pretty quick, easy prep.

Another book I think was very helpful was by Rocco Dispirito, "Now eat this Diet".  Rocco's book provides information on nutrition, exercise, and has a number of great recipes.  I liked that this book has beautiful, color photos of the various recipes featured in the book.  (We eat with our eyes first, and I found this book motivated me to try some new recipes.)

"The Worlds Healthiest Foods" by George Mateljan is a great guide to all kinds of food items, their nutrients, health benefits, how to prepare them, when they are in season, how to select certain foods that may be hard to know when it is at its peak, chemical interactions, how to store it, and on and on.

I hope you find these resources to be helpful.  If you have any resources you would like to share, please comment on the post!


1 comment: