Sunday, November 2, 2014

Update!

It's been a long time since I have written a post on my blog, and I kept saying I needed to write an update.  So, here it is...

June of 2013, my sister encouraged me to try a program that started with an elimination diet - which turned into a pretty clean style of eating.  I've stuck to this for nearly a year and half and have no plan of going back to my unhealthy ways.  Have I been perfect? No.  Have I had a few cheeseburgers, pizza and the occasional beer here and there?  Yep!  But on the whole, I have been pretty consistent with my program and prefer to eat clean.  It's about choices and living a healthier lifestyle.

My progress was steady and slowed this last spring when I made a major life decision to sell my home of 12 years, change jobs, and relocate out of state.  It was a big change with lots of emotions.  I was putting in a lot of hours and my workouts were few and far between.  But I've refocussed and am back on track, working out 5-6 days per week.

The changes I have seen in my body and how I feel over the past year and half have been amazing!  I have lost and kept off 35+ pounds for the most part during this time and am dedicated to trying to lose a few more pounds.  My body has changed in ways I can't believe...I went from being tired and unhealthy to the fittest I've been in years!  I am strong, and happy. (Want to do a push-up challenge? Be forewarned, I am good at them now and can knock out a ton of them!  LOL) My self-confidence has risen, and I am no longer embarrassed or afraid to show my body.  I even bought a black leather mini-skirt!  I've gone from a size 12-14 to a size 4-6, sometimes an 8 depending on the brand.  Most important for me is that I feel better and am the healthiest I've been in years.

To those of you trying to figure out what to do and how to start, jump into the pool!  Start by picking a program and give it a fair chance to work.  You can expect overnight results.  If you try a program and it truly isn't for you, there's no shame in that.  I tried all kinds of things, fad diets, etc.  You have to find what works for you and change your lifestyle.  Yo-yo dieting is hard on your body and your emotions.  Make a commitment to change your way of eating for good.  You can have a treat or splurge now and again.  There's nothing wrong with that.  But try to fuel your body well with healthy food on the whole.  You will be surprised what a difference it makes.  And it's true...it's 80% diet, 20% exercise!  So eat well and move your body!!!

And to those who have been so kind and supported me through my journey, I thank you!  Your kind words, encouragement, and support have helped me along my journey.  It's your encouragement that kept me going on the days it was hardest.  I am truly blessed to have a great support group.  Love you all!

Be well!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment